If you are wondering where the keyboard shortcuts have gone after upgrading to the latest macOS, you are not alone. A number of Mac users who recently upgraded their Mac are confused about finding hidden keyboard shortcuts.
Honestly speaking, it also left me scratching my head; leaving me with the question of whether Apple has altogether scrapped the setting. Thankfully, it didn’t take long for me to reveal them.
So, I thought it would be helpful to create a hands-on guide about how to hide or show keyboard shortcuts on Mac.
So, What Has Triggered the Confusion in Finding the Shortcuts on Mac?
Before moving ahead, let’s find out why the keyboard shortcuts have suddenly gone into hiding. Well, at the heart of this confusion is the overhauled design of the System Settings app (formerly System Preferences).
Due to the redesign, the settings for a number of features including the keyboard shortcuts, Hot Corners, Fast User Switching, Night Shift, and Dark Mode have moved from one spot to the other. As result, users, even those who have used macOS for years, have got perplexed.
See the Hidden Keyboard Shortcuts on Mac
1. To begin with, click on the Apple menu at the top left corner of the screen and choose System Settings in the drop-down menu. Or, bring up the Spotlight Search (Command+Space) -> search for System Settings and launch it.
2. After that, scroll down in the menu and choose Keyboard.
3. Now, select the Keyboard Shortcuts option to proceed.
4. In the sidebar, select App Shortcuts.
5. Next, click on the pretty small arrow to the left of App Applications to reveal the hidden keyboard shortcuts.
Voila! Now, all your concealed keyboard shortcuts will appear on the screen. In the end, click on Done in the menu to finish.
So that’s it; this is how you can show keyboard shortcuts on Mac. All the confusion is due to the redesign of the settings app. But we are here to help you with all the cool tips and tricks to use Mac at its fullest.