To ensure you don’t forget to catch up with your favorite articles or stories at your preferred time, Safari lets you save articles through a neat feature called “Reading List”. As someone who loves to read trending stories and insightful editorials, I take advantage of this feature to save all the interesting articles and read them during my free time.
However, once I have gone through the articles, I make sure to clear them all so that they do not clutter the browser and also eat into plenty of space unnecessarily. If that’s what you are looking for, follow along to learn how to delete Safari reading list on Mac.
How to Clear Safari Reading List on Mac
While this guide has been crafted in accordance with the latest macOS, steps are the same in the previous versions of macOS. Hence, even if your Mac is not updated with the latest iteration of macOS, you can clear all Safari reading list on your Mac.
How to Clear Specific Reading List on Mac
What if you don’t want to get rid of the entire Safari reading list and instead want to delete particular items? Bother not, you can easily clear a saved webpage.
1. To get going, open Safari on your Mac.
2. Now, click on the tiny menu icon at the top left corner of the screen.
3. Next, click on Reading List at the bottom of the screen in the sidebar.
4. Next up, you should see all the saved articles. Control/Right+click on a specific that you would like to get rid of and hit Remove Item.
That’s pretty much it! This item will be instantly removed from your reading list. You can follow these same quick steps to clear more unwanted articles.
How to Clear All Safari Reading List on Mac
If you want to wipe out the entire reading list in Safari whether, for privacy concerns or to recover some precious space, there is a straightforward way to do it as well.
1. First off, launch Safari on your macOS device. After that, click on the menu icon located at the upper left corner of the screen.
2. Now, select Reading List in the left sidebar.
3. Next, Right/Control+click on any item and choose Clear All.
And that’s about it! You have successfully wiped out the entire Safari reading list on your Mac.
Keep the Clutter At Bay By Removing Safari Reading List
So, that’s how you can prevent Safari from being cluttered on Mac by removing the reading list items. Now that you know how it works, make the most of it to not only keep the clutter at bay but also retrieve some precious storage.
Not to mention, it can also play a vital role in speeding up Safari for times when the browser feels sluggish or does not run with the desired smoothness. That said, do you have any feedback to share regarding this topic? If yes, make sure to share it via the comments section below.