Imagine it’s Friday night, you are all set to have a movie or binge night with your better half or friends. You get your popcorn and drinks ready, you turn on your Fire Tv Stick, pick up the remote, and try to browse to the movie you wish to watch, and………..nothing happens!
It could be very frustrating and, if you have guests over, embarrassing as well. However, there are some troubleshooting options that you can perform immediately to get out of the fix and get on with the movie night.
Fix Amazon Fire Stick Remote Not Working
Here’s how to fix Amazon Fire TV Stick remote not working issue.
1. Check Batteries
If your Fire TV Stick is not working as intended, the first thing to check is always the battery. Perform the following check to ensure your batteries are A+.
1. Check if your Fire Stick batteries are depleted, insert a new pair and check if the remote works.
2. Check if the batteries are inserted correctly. Unlike the common TV remotes, batteries in a Fire TV Stick remote are in a series with the + sign facing the same direction as indicated on the inside of the remote.
3. Ensure you use the same battery brand and don’t mix up different batteries.
4. Moreover, ensure that you are using a fresh pair of batteries. Only use one old and one new battery in your Fire TV Stick remote.
2. Re-pair the FireTv Stick remote
One of the most common reasons for the Amazon Fire TV Stick remote not working is pairing issues. You can reset and pair your remote afresh by following the below steps.
1. Turn on your Fire TV Stick.
2. On the remote, press the home and right direction buttons together for 10 seconds to reset it.
3. Now pair the remote again by pressing the home button for 10 seconds.
4. Your remote should work fine now.
3. Check Compatibility
If your dog chewed up your old remote and you recently replaced it with a new one, the new remote may be incompatible with your Fire TV Stick. In this case, you can temporarily use the Fire TV Stick app until you get the right remote.
2. Use your Amazon credentials to log in to the app and use the TV remote to turn on the TV.
3. Select your Fire TV Stick on the app.
4. Your TV screen should now show a 4-digit code, enter that in the app to pair.
5. You will now be able to control your Fire TV Stick using your phone.
4. Reset Your Fire TV Stick
If none of the methods above worked for you, the last resort is to factory reset the Fire TV Stick. Be warned that this will erase all your data and settings on the Fire TV Stick. You will have to set it up from the start. Here’s how you can reset your Amazon Fire TV Stick.
1. Turn on your Fire TV Stick.
2. Go to the gear icon on the home page.
3. Navigate to My Fire TV.
4. Scroll to Reset to Factory Defaults and click on it.
5. Click on Reset.
5. Ensure that you are in the range
Like all remote controls, the Fire TV Stick Remote also comes with a range of at least 10 feet from the device, with no obstructions in between. Unlike other remote controls, a Fire TV Stick’s remote works on Bluetooth instead of IR. So, while you don’t need to point the remote at your TV, you will still need to be within the range for it to work perfectly.
6. Ensure that there are no obstructions or interference
Additionally, you cannot play music on the YouTube app on your Fire TV Stick while you dine in another room or take a shower and expect to use the remote control. Apart from being within the range, you must be in the clear line of sight of the device. It means there should not be any wall between the remote and the Fire TV stick.
Additionally, look out for any appliance that can cause interference. These include microwaves, wireless devices like speakers, and unshielded coaxial cables. Remove them from the general vicinity of the Fire TV Stick for the remote to work seamlessly.
How do you reset an unresponsive Fire Stick?
To do so, press the home and right direction buttons together for 10 seconds to reset it on the remote. Do this for 10 seconds and click on reset when the dialog box pops up on the screen.
How do you reboot an Amazon Fire TV Stick?
Unplug the Amazon Fire TV Stick for 10 seconds and plug it back in to reboot it. Additionally, you can just:
- Turn on your Fire TV Stick.
- Go to the gear icon on the home page.
- Navigate to My Fire TV.
- Click on Restart.
Amazon Fire TV Stick Remote is Bluetooth-based, so it’s extremely convenient to use. However, it might run into a tight spot now and then. And we hope that the tricks and tips in this article will help you resolve any issue you might face with your Amazon Fire TV Stick remote.