With AirPlay, streaming or sharing content from one device to the other is as seamless as you can ever imagine. In iOS 16, you can choose to automatically connect your iPhone to nearby AirPlay-supported smart TVs for a hassle-free streaming experience.
Guess what, iOS has further enhanced this feature, allowing you to automatically connect your iOS device to your AirPlay-compatible speakers. If it sounds noteworthy, let me show you how to use Automatic AirPlay with speakers on iPhone in iOS 17.
Use Automatic AirPlay with Speakers on iPhone and iPad
For those unfamiliar, AirPlay is Apple’s popular wireless communication protocol specifically designed to let users seamlessly stream or share photos, videos, and music from their iPhone/iPad to Apple TV, speakers, or smart TVs. First introduced in iOS 4 (2010), This has long been one of the most loved iOS features.
But before going any further, make sure your device has iOS 17 installed. Go to the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad and tap on General. After that, tap on Software Update and then download and install the latest iOS 17 update.
- After you have taken care of the basics, open the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Now, scroll down a little bit and tap on General.
- Choose AirPlay & Handoff.
- Tap on Automatically AirPlay.
- On this screen, you get to select from three options: Never, Ask, and Automatic. For the purpose of this guide, we will choose the Automatic option. Select it and then quit the Settings app. The change will have an immediate effect, thereby enabling your iPhone to connect to the supported speakers on its own.
Of course, at any time, if you no longer want your iPhone to connect to nearby speakers, you can get rid of the auto-connection. Just head back into the Settings app on your iPhone > General > AirPlay & Handoff -> Automatically AirPlay. Finally, choose Never or Ask depending on your needs. And that’s done.
Which iPhones are compatible with AirPlay?
To use AirPlay, make sure you have an iPhone 4 or later. As for the supported iOS version, you need iOS 4 or later.
Why is AirPlay not working on my iPhone?
There could be multiple reasons why AirPlay is not working on your device. The very first thing you need to check out is whether or not your smart TV/speaker is compatible with AirPlay. Besides, make sure that the app you are trying to share photos/videos or music is compatible as well.
Next reading: How to Recover Deleted Passwords on iPhone in iOS 17