Apple announced a variety of new features to its latest iteration of iOS, dubbed iOS 17. One of the most stand out feature among them are Contact Posters. It lets you create a custom contact card for your contact and even others. Since everything isn’t perfect in the initial stages, Contact Posters can have some issues too.
One such issues is that Contact Posters stop working entirely on your iPhone. If you’re facing the same issue, you need not worry. In this guide, we’ll show you how to fix Contact Posters not working on your iPhone running iOS 17.
Fix iOS 17 Contact Posters Not Working on iPhone
There are various ways to fix Contact Posters if they stop working on your iPhone. If you’re trying to share your Contact Poster to another iPhone by tapping, it might not work until and unless the other person is running iOS 17 on their iPhone. That being said, you can follow these troubleshooting tips below to fix it easily before you start worrying about them:
1. Enable Name and Photo Sharing on Your iPhone
Name and Photo Sharing is one of the prominent reasons why Contact Posters might not be working on your iPhone. Apple lets you choose whether you want to share your Contact Posters with others or not with the Name and Photo Sharing feature.
However, if it’s disabled for any reason, you should enable it on your iPhone. If you don’t know how, here’s how to enable the Name and Photo Sharing feature in iOS 17.
1. Open the Contacts app or open the Phone app and switch to the Contacts tab on your iPhone.
2. Select the My card (your name) on the top.
3. Tap the Contact Photo & Poster option in your contact card.
4. Turn on the toggle next to the Name & Photo Sharing option.
Once done, you should be able to see Contact Poster working again on your iPhone. If it’s still not working, try the following solutions to see what works for you.
2. Remove and Add the Contact Poster Again
Since Contact Posters are customizable, you should try removing the existing Contact Poster and adding it again. Here’s how you can remove and add the Contact Poster again from your iPhone:
1. Open the Phone app and switch to the Contacts tab or open the Contacts app on your iPhone.
2. Select My Card (your name) or the contact whose Contact Poster you want to change.
3. Tap the Edit button at the top right of the display.
4. Hit the Edit button again under the Contact Poster/contact photo on the editing screen.
5. Swipe up on the Contact Poster that you want to delete and tap the Delete icon under it. Tap Delete when you see the confirmation prompt.
6. Tap the Plus (+) button at the bottom and create a Contact Poster similar to the previous one or a new one as you prefer.
7. Select the Done option on the top-right of the display to save the changes.
After you create a new Contact Poster, it should work now on your iPhone. If not, try the next troubleshooting options to get it working.
3. Ensure iMessage is Working on Your Phone Number
iMessage is one of the essential parts for Contact Posters to work on your iPhone. Ensuring whether iMessage is working on your phone number or not is important too. Here’s how to check whether iMessage is working on your phone number or not:
1. Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
2. Go to Messages in the settings app.
3. Check if the iMessage option is turned on or off. If it’s turned off, enable it on your iPhone.
4. Select the Send & Receive option under iMessage and check if there’s a tick before your phone number on both the sections. If not, tap on your phone number in both the sections.
It might take some time for iMessage to activate on the phone number you selected if it wasn’t activated before. Once iMessage enables, you should be able to work with Contact Posters as usual and it should work without any problem. If it doesn’t, follow the next troubleshooting methods in this guide.
4. Disable Low Power Mode
Low Power mode on the iPhone disables some functions in the background to save battery. Hence, it’ll be a good option to disable the Low Power mode on your iPhone to make it stop interfering with the Contact Posters. If you don’t know how, simply go to Settings > Battery and turn off the toggle next to Low Power Mode.
5. Update to The Latest iOS Version
In many cases, Apple fixes these bugs with subsequent updates. So, check if you’re running on the latest iOS version and install the latest version of iOS if you aren’t running on the newer version.
To check for updates on your iPhone, go to Settings > General > Software Update and tap Download and Install if there’s any new update available. If it isn’t, wait for the next update and try the following troubleshooting method until then.
6. Restart Your iPhone
Many times there’s an underlying bug on your iPhone that might stop you from charging your iPhone. You solve issues like these instantly by just restarting your iPhone. You can restart your iPhone with Face ID by pressing and holding the side button + any volume button and then swiping on the slider that appears.
Similarly, if you have an iPhone with Touch ID, you must press and hold the side button and then swipe on the slider when it appears.
7. Reset All Settings on Your iPhone
If nothing above works for you, you should try resetting the settings on your iPhone. Here’s how to reset your iPhone’s settings completely to fix the crossfade problem in Apple Music:
1. Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
2. Navigate to General > Transfer or Reset iPhone.
3. Select Reset, and then tap Reset All Settings. Enter your iPhone’s passcode and Screen Time password when prompted.
4. Tap Reset All Settings when the confirmation prompt appears.
After resetting your iPhone to its default settings, Contact Posters on your iPhone will reset too and fix the issue. If the problem still persists there’s only one solution left.
8. Contact Apple Support
If you’ve tried everything and even installed new updates and still can’t get the Contact Posters to work on your iPhone, contact Apple Support. To repair your iPhone, contact Apple customer service or visit the nearby Apple Store/authorized service center. Depending on the problem and how they resolve it, it could take three to five days.
These were some of the things you can try to fix the Contact Posters not working on the iPhone. Restarting your iPhone, force-closing the Music app, checking for updates, disabling and re-enabling crossfade, and resetting your iPhone settings are all possible solutions.
If you have tried all of these steps and Contact Posters are still not working, you can contact Apple Support for help. Furthermore, if you have any queries or suggestions regarding this guide, you can mention them in the comments below.