When you are on tour with your friends and want to take a group picture, you always look for a stranger to help and press the shutter button. Similarly, when you want to capture a self-portrait, you need a helping hand from someone. The timer feature on iPhone is designed for similar use cases where you don’t have to rely on someone to press the shutter button.
You can set a timer, and now you have a few seconds to ensure you are in the frame, and the shutter button will be automatically pressed. Setting a timer on an iPhone camera is simple, and you can do it with just a few taps. I have shared those steps in this article to make things even easier for you.
Set Timer on iPhone Camera
How you set the timer on your iPhone differs a bit based on the model you have. For those who own iPhone Xs, Xr, and later it is different from those with iPhone X or earlier models. But no matter which iPhone model you have, we have outlined steps for both categories of iPhones.
On iPhone XS, XR, and Later
If you have iPhone Xs, Xr, or later below are the steps you need to follow to set the timer on your iPhone camera.
1. Open the Camera app on your iPhone.
2. In the photo tab, swipe up or tap the arrow icon in the top center to bring iPhone’s camera tools to the screen.
3. When the tools appear, swipe right, find the clock icon, and tap on it.
4. You can choose between 3s and 10s. Set the timer as per your choice.
5. When you want to take a picture, tap the Shutter button, and the timer will start.
6. To stop the timer, you can tap the stop button in the bottom center of your screen.
That’s; This is how you can set a timer on the iPhone camera in iPhone Xs, Xr, or later.
On iPhone X and Earlier
Setting a timer is even easier on iPhone X and earlier models. So, if you are still rocking an iPhone X or an earlier model, follow these steps.
1. Launch the Camera app on your iPhone.
2. In the Photo tab, tap the clock icon at the top of the screen.
3. Now, choose between 3s and 10s.
4. When you are ready to take a picture, tap the Shutter button.
5. If you want to stop the timer at any point, tap the stop button in the bottom center of the screen.
That’s all you need to do to set a timer on your iPhone X or older model.
On newer iPhone models, the timer button is located in the camera tools. You can find it by tapping the icon in the top center and then swiping right in the camera tools.
How do I set a Timer on my iPhone 14 Camera?
You can set a timer on your iPhone 14 camera with these steps:
- Open the Camera app.
- Swipe up on the screen to bring iPhone camera tools.
- Swipe right to find the clock icon and tap on it.
- Now select between 3s and 10s.
Once done, you have successfully set a timer on your iPhone 14 camera.
Setting a timer is a handy tool in the iPhone camera. You can use it to give yourself a few seconds to ensure you are in the right frame while clicking a picture. I hope the above guide helped you set a timer on your iPhone camera.