The competition for Nvidia’s 4000 series GPUs has arrived; it’s AMD’s Radeon RX 7000 series. The company has revealed two new GPUs in a recent event. These cards are coming with upgraded RDNA 3 architecture. Both cards are designed for 4k high-resolution gaming.
AMD only revealed two cards in the 7000 series; RX 7900 XTX and RX 7900 XT. Of course, the 7900 XTX is the flagship and the 7900 XT is just behind. Now, if you are hoping to get the RX 7900 XT after it hits the shelves on December 13th, you need a good CPU to pair it up with.
But, it’s not easy to get hold of a good CPU that serves your needs and compliments the powerful GPU. Not to worry, we, the experts are here and we have a list up in our sleeves. So, check out our list for the CPU For AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, below.
Best CPU for AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT in 2022
After due consideration, we have selected a few CPUs from both AMD and Intel that we think will pair up exceptionally well with the Radeon RX 7900 XT.
The 7000 series processors from AMD are one of the best CPUs money can buy. So, it shouldn’t be surprising to anyone to see that our first recommendation is Ryzen 9 7900X. The Ryzen 9 7900x from AMD is one of the most powerful, cutting-edge, and reasonably priced CPUs that is currently dominating the market. It will go well with the RX 7900 XT. In terms of performance, AMD Ryzen 9 7900X is better than Intel Core i9 12900k.
AMD Ryzen™ 9 7900X 12-Core, 24-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor
- Processor is versatile, reliable, and offers convenient usage with high speed
- Ryzen 9 product line processor for your convenience and optimal usage
- 5 nm process technology for reliable performance with maximum productivity
- Dodeca-core (12 Core) processor core allows multitasking with great reliability and fast processing speed
- 12 MB L2 + 64 MB L3 cache memory provides excellent hit rate in short access time enabling improved system performance
The AMD CPU has a base clock speed of 4.7 GHz and a 5.6 GHz turbo boost frequency. The processor only has 12 cores but makes up for it with 128 GB of DDR5-5200 memory, and 64 MB of shared L-3 cache. Let’s not forget, the processor also has 24 total threads and a cutting-edge 5 nm manufacturing process. In addition to everything else, AM5 provides longer support than Intel’s LGA 1700.
The Intel Core i7 12700K will be an excellent pair with the RX 7900 XT. The CPU is capable of providing a seamless 2K gaming experience. It is a game-ready processor, great for gamers who are looking for great performance.
The CPU has 12 cores and 20 threads. This guarantees a higher level of performance. The speed is decent; the base clock is 3.80 GHz, and the boost clock is 5.0 GHz. However, the CPU can run a bit hot. But you can easily overcome it by adding a cooler.
The Ryzen 9 5950X is AMD’s high-end 5000 series CPU. This one features 16 cores and 32 threads. It would be great for the RX 7900 XT. The older flagship Ryzen 9 CPU has a 3.4 GHz base clock and a maximum turbo frequency of 4.9 GHz for a single core. It can operate at 4.5 GHz even when all 16 cores are engaged, and has a 105-watt TDP standard.
AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16-core, 32-thread unlocked desktop processor
- The best processor for gamers meets the best processor for creators, with 16 cores and 32 processing threads
- Can deliver elite 100 plus FPS performance in the world’s most popular games
- Cooler not included, liquid cooler recommended
- 4.9 GHz Max Boost, unlocked for overclocking, 72 MB of cache, DDR-3200 support
- For the advanced Socket AM4 platform, can support PCIe 4.0 on X570 and B550 motherboards
In terms of multi-thread performance, the Ryzen 9 5950X can easily compete with the Intel Core i9-12900K, Core i9-12900HX, and AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2970WX. This is an excellent CPU for high-end gaming rigs and other quick configurations. The Ryzen 9 5950X surpasses the AMD Ryzen 9 5900X in gaming with its higher IPC (Instructions Per Cycle). It is perfect for multimedia creators since it excels at streaming and gaming.
The Ryzen 9 7950X is AMD’s flagship CPU for this year. So, this without a doubt, works exceptionally with the RX 7900 XT. The chipset has a great base clock speed and a boost speed of 5.7 GHz, the highest in the series.
AMD Ryzen™ 9 7950X 16-Core, 32-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor
- Processor consumes less power to offer maximum productivity with added usability
- Ryzen 9 product line processor for better usability and increased efficiency
- 5 nm process technology provides optimal processing results with added usability
- Hexadeca-core (16 Core) processor core efficiently handles data to ensure quicker transfer of information with maximum usability
- 16 MB L2 + 64 MB L3 cache memory provides excellent hit rate in short access time enabling improved system performance
The temperature goes a bit high. But according to AMD, these new CPUs are designed to operate at temperatures around the 95°C threshold. The Ryzen 9 7950X delivers improvements on every level. However, we have put it so low on our list because of its greater price tag.
We cannot finish our list without mentioning the Intel Core i9 12900K. This is Intel’s 12th-generation processor and is regarded as one of the finest and fasted gaming CPUs in the market. This will make a great pair with the RX 7900 XT. In terms of raw gaming performance, the Core i9 12900K surpasses the uncrowned king, 5950X.
Overall, the Core i9-12900K is a powerhouse when it comes to demanding tasks, which is even better for prospective purchasers. This CPU-GPU combo is foolproof if gamers plan to play high-level titles. However, it is expensive, and you also need a good cooling solution to run this CPU properly. It consumes a lot of power…a lot.
Enjoy Gaming with RX 7900 XT
So, be ready for AMD’s new GPUs. The company has already announced two new GPUs in the 7000 series. The cards are ready to hit the shelves in December. In the meantime, you want to be ready if you want to get the cards in the first rush, and for that, you have our picks for the best CPU For AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT.
Choose any one among these five CPUs, you will get a great performance. Still, if you are reluctant to do so…we recommend Ryzen 9 7900X for the best value and Ryzen 9 5950X for the best budget option.